For Your Viewing Pleasure

Friday, September 21, 2018

Getting ready for Writing

Here it is, September, the day before Autumn begins in name only around here.

I am excited! October is just around the corner, and so is the yearly, Write 31 Days challenge. Every year, people around the country and the world participate in this challenge, designed for bloggers to focus on writing every day, but so many people use it as an inspiration to do more than blog.

Some people use social media as their platform to write, but many go on to write a book, to have followings outside of blogs. This is a wonderful opportunity to set goals, create, and to write!

The last couple of years were tough for me, as I had high expectations, but truly, I was setting myself up to failure. I thought I had to surpass the job I had done one one year of blogging, but I ran into roadblocks and felt like I was a flop.

This year, I am changing course again. I thought and thought about what I would write about, and out of the blue, it came to me...

This year has been a tough one, it is ten years since my husband passed away. I took it pretty hard, and my son did very much as well. I don't think I've personally grieved this hard since after the first few years. It kind of snuck up on me as well. I was totally not prepared for the pain... so, I chose the topic of grief.

Not just grief, but of how we  grow in and from and out of it. Don't get me wrong, we never give it up, we carry it with us forever, but... we can grow out of it.

So, I hope you will join me, I'll be here writing every day in October.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts, comments, stories of grief, or a prayer request.