For Your Viewing Pleasure

Monday, October 1, 2018

October 1st, 2018

Wow! That was fast!

Here it is the first of October, and I had not even finalized what I wanted to write... really, if you read the preview, this sounds kind of silly. I did decide, but I kept wavering, I know there are a couple of people writing on Grief, and I thought about changing my topic, but...

This is just to important for me to let go. I need to write this.

Along the way, I truly hope that what I have to say will, in some way, help someone else. I have been studying and researching, and praying. Yes, praying... I feel like I need help and guidance in undertaking this project. Not that prayer of ... oh, please let me finish.... but the ... oh Lord, please guide my hand... well, fingers as it were.

If you did not read the preview, I suppose you are wondering what this blog will be about.

By the title, you could guess, however, it is not just about the grief, but about the growing in life as well. This summer was the tenth anniversary of my husband passing away. I have gone through the typical feelings, and the typical panic, and the typical blah, blah, blah.... I want to share what I found to be NOT so typical...  Those are some of the things that I will share with you in the coming weeks. For now, I will kind of tell you what has been going on...

I have spent most of the past ten years grieving. It seemed unending, and, I do not apologize for any of my lamenting. However, it can't be good for anyone to be in so much grief for so long of a time. There has to be a place that you can put behind the pain and unending lonesomeness, and find a place of comfort.

So much of my time has been grieving for my son as well, oh, he's still here, but I grieve for him not knowing his father, not having him here for those special times, and when he needs advice.Really, this is probably the reason that I am unable to let go of the sorrow. My son turned 6 when his father died suddenly. This year, he is 16, and it seems that he is grown up overnight.

This year is somewhat a rite of passage, is it not? He is able to apply for his driver's license, he will be able to be employed (legally), and he has reached 6'5", so to all intents and purposes, he is a grown-up.

On the periphery are the other trials, since life goes on... but sometimes, it seems to overwhelm, and I have had to learn to cope with. Since sometimes even the most minor of inconveniences that I used to take for granted were easy to deal with, have become monumental... such as a flat tire, a window that won't open, or the boy's chipped tooth...

Please visit again tomorrow, I will share some of the things that I have learned, some of the things that might help someone in your life to find comfort, peace, and growth. Maybe you are bearing the burden of grief, yourself and you need some extra encouragement. Please feel free to leave in the comments  any prayer request that you would like to share and together we will bring it before the Lord.

I wish you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your thoughts, comments, stories of grief, or a prayer request.